Lip augmentation is nothing new. Whether due to the volume loss that comes with aging, or because of simple genetics, many of us have thin, shapeless lips that cause us to desire lip augmentation.
In the past, people have used collagen, silicone, and fat injections; however, modern lip augmentation procedures often use dermal fillers. Compared with collagen, silicone, and fat, dermal fillers are much safer and provide more predictable results.
At Lux Skin & Lasers, we use hyaluronic acid fillers for lip augmentation since long-term safety and patient care is our utmost priority.
OUR CENTER IS #1 IN MAIN LINE AND TOP 250 (TOP 1%) PROVIDER OF JUVÉDERM® IN THE US!
Call us at (484) 322-5316 to speak with our talented injectors and determine whether you are a candidate for lip augmentation!
What Are the Benefits of Lip Augmentation With Dermal Fillers?
At Lux Skin & Lasers, we use hyaluronic acid fillers to add shape, structure, and volume to the lips. These fillers provide patients with notice and natural-looking results with:
- Control over volume: The amount of filler being injected can be precisely controlled to manage the increased volume.
- Gradual increase: Patients often opt to have very gradual increases made over a series of appointments, rather than a large increase in a single visit.
- Easily dissolvable bumps: Because hyaluronic acid can be dissipated with an injection of an enzyme, bumps and lumps can be easily removed.
- Less bruising and swelling: These are among the gentlest on the patient.
- Rare occurrences of allergic reaction: Because hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the human body, these fillers very rarely cause any sort of allergic reaction.
What Can Be Addressed With Lip Augmentation?
At Lux Skin & Lasers, we tailor each lip augmentation to the patient. The procedure is different if you are looking to erase vertical lip lines, make your lips more symmetrical, or create plumper, more kissable lips!
Lip augmentation can enhance the following:
- Cupid’s bow: This is the area in the middle of your upper lip. This is thought to be the focus of the lips, and we add definition here.
- Center fullness: Signature lip beauty means they are fuller in the center, tapering off at the corners.
- Profile projection: When viewed from the side, your upper lip should project slightly above your lower lip.
- Side-to-side symmetry: Augmentation can balance asymmetrical lips.
What Fillers Are Used for Lip Augmentation?
Lux Skin & Lasers primarily uses Allergan™ hyaluronic acid filler products, which is the #1 filler company worldwide.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is responsible for hydrating and plumping the skin. Hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to do this. That’s what makes these fillers perfect for the lips, as hydration naturally plumps the lips.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC: This was the first dermal filler specifically created to target lip volume. Ultra XC injectable is the most popular lip filler product and provides long-lasting results (typically nine to 12 months).
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC: This is used for more noticeable and fuller results.
- JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® XC: This is used to achieve a more natural and softer look. This option is common for patients who are starting out with injectables.
Lip Augmentation Before And After
How Is Lip Augmentation Performed?
Our providers have different techniques, but they all agree that "natural" is the best look. You do NOT want your lips to be the central feature of your face, you want it to be balanced and compliment your features.
Here are descriptions of various methods you can expect with our providers:
Dr. Lee performs ALL his fillers using the micro-cannula (considered the most advanced technique) and provides a more smoother, less lumpy appearance. However, there is a limitation to this method — you can not rotate nor define/shape. This method is good for overall fullness and natural results.
Dr. Castelli and our PA/nurse providers perform the standard needle and also the "Russian Doll" technique. This method allows for more definition, outlining, and can evert the lip upward. There will be more needle pricks and bruising can occur more frequently but usually subside within one week.
Lip augmentation sessions often take approximately 30 minutes. This gives us ample time to discuss your desired outcome and set realistic goals and expectations.
We will make every effort to make the treatment as comfortable as it can be. This is why we first numb your lips with lidocaine.
The dermal filler is injected with a very fine needle into various areas of your lips and behind any wrinkles above your upper lip. Our providers are highly experienced with lip injection treatments.
After your session, you can get right back to work or your other normal activities. However, you should avoid strenuous exercise for a few days.
If you desire more fullness once the swelling subsides, please call our office to schedule another filler treatment. Please wait at least one month in between the treatment to allow the lip tissue to expand to hold more product. A staged treatment plan is optimal for patients who desire a more noticeable result.
How Much Is Lip Augmentation?
This treatment is highly customizable. Therefore, lip augmentation cost varies for each patient depending on the number of syringes necessary.
You can expect the following for your lip augmentation:
- Dr. Lee charges $950 for one syringe of filler
- Dr. Castelli and our other providers charge $700 for one syringe of lip filler
Is There a Recovery After Lip Augmentation With Dermal Fillers?
There is no recovery after lip augmentation using dermal fillers.
You may see some swelling and feel tightness for up to one week after the injections. This is due to your tissue expanding. Continuous hydration and icing during the initial few days will help you feel more comfortable.
How Long Does Lip Augmentation Last With Injectables?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds volume and shape to the lips for up to one year. Alternatively, Restylane® Silk and Restylane® Kysse do the same; however, their results usually need to be touched up after six months.
Are There Any Side Effects Associated With Lip Augmentation?
The fillers we use have been approved by the FDA for use in the lips.
The main side effect/risk with dermal filler lip augmentation is redness and swelling at the injection sites. This usually lasts a day or so. There can also be some mild bruising, but it can easily be covered with lipstick or makeup.
To minimize any swelling or bruising, gently ice your lips immediately after your session. While there is a chance of developing lumps, this is rare and can be reversed immediately with an enzyme injection that neutralizes the hyaluronic acid.
Schedule a Lip Augmentation Consultation
As a top 1% in the country for injections, Lux Skin & Lasers can help you decide if dermal fillers are the right way for you to get the lip augmentation you want.
Our practice serves King of Prussia, Bryn Mawr, and the surrounding areas of Pennsylvania!